So I had been printing up a bunch of PDF patterns and putting them together (Thread Theory Peacoat, Colette Jasmine, Colette Moneta, Colette Mabel). After 200 pages of printing over the last couple of weeks I hadn’t changed the printer settings so the patterns were all wrong!!!!
Silver lining is that explains why the Jasmine top came out a bit wonky and why the collar just didnt look like the one in the pictures!!
SO anyway am back to starting again! Thank goodness I hadnt used them to cut some pricier fabric!
Word to the wise – always check the test box!
I bought this pattern on a whim. Instead of going ahead and making one to wear I decided to do a toile.
I used this viscose fabric I bought at 50p/meter so great.
Relatively easy to follow pattern although made a hash of it when constructing the collar . The thing with the collar is that there is a lot of bulk going on there.
So for next attempt there will be no interfacing used.
I definitely know how to do it for when I attempt with my Liberty Tana Lawn fabric.
I have been wearing the toile for 2 days now and it has some fit issues – now I am not sure whether that’s down to the fabric or that the size was too big. I was between a 8 and 10 so went for 10.
Either way I will try it again in a size 8.
Just finished this granny square blankie. The kids love it and I had much fun making it.
This was a relatively easy project and I enjoyed making a pocket for the first time. I was challenged by the curved seams in the yoke of the dresses. I realised the best way forward for me was to pencil in the seam line THEN sew. Result was much better that way!
Seams were finished using pinking shears.
Will I make this again. YES!
even better in real life. picture doesnt do it justice!
Bought it from