So once I realised that I could not feasibly sew something for summer and start wearing it (on average i need 3 sittings in between a hectic demanding schedule that includes 7 month old twins, a 2 year old toddler ;being potty trained, a 4 and 9 year old). So, so, so…..I got to think about my favourite season of all time – Autumn/Fall! Yeahy!
This summer my sewing was not very organised hence I am determined to be a bit more organised <fingers crossed>. Here is my list of the absolute Top 5 projects I must sew and wear this fall.
1. Navy leggings. I wear leggings….a lot. These ones look good and are in ponte – a fabric I like. Not keen on the zips though so they wont feature in my version.
2. Contrast yoke top. The relaxed look and feel of this appeals to me, as do the fabulous contrasting prints. Plus long sleeves are a must for me in fall.
3. Peplum cardigan jacket a la McCalls 6844. I first saw this on Sew Busy Lizzie and I fell for it. Its a practical layering item that is also stylish. There is also a video sewalong by Craft Gemini! Win win all round!
4. Polka dot T-Shirt with Peter Pan collar. Whats not to love? The polka dots? The peter pan collar? the cuff detail.? I have been dying to make something with a peter pan collar 😉
5. Tweed skirt. This lovely skirt has me dreaming of checks and tartans. I am attempting to draft this one myself. I love love love this look. I could wear it with tights and boots <sigh> I cant wait.
So that’s me.
P.S. My list is not definitive…..probably add things along the way……..subtract….adjust……tweak……etc
Whats top on your project list for this autumn fall?