I love Coco! Its been said. First one was a dress now the second one is a top.
To add a unique couture detail I crocheted the collar, hem and sleeve hem. These I made separately, blocked then hand stitched the on (long painstaking but well worth it!) The result is voila!
I will say it again ” I love lurve Coco”
I did have a couple of issues with the pattern though. While the instructions are excellent I struggled with the sleeve attachment (dont know whether its just me but I find a set in sleeve much easier than flat sleeve construction)..
Bulky pocket seams…….My only other main gripe is with the pockets; the patterns calls for a stable knit fabric i.e. on the thick side not drapey like T shirt jersey which is great. But when you fold it over itself for making a pocket where you have 2 folded seams meeting at the corners IYSWIM – it got dicey for me. The corners were quite bulky and I really struggled to make it look neat.In the end I used instructions from a sewing Dictionary book which basically reduces the bulk by making a mitered corner. That seemed to do the trick. Though for future projects I will probably skip the pockets.
The trim on the hem puckers a bit and I should have made it a bit longer…but I was so keen to finish and wear this top I thought a little puckering is ok……I know better now! Next time I will make sure its long enough. 😉
I have this a few times already and I love it! Plus it washes well on a 30 degree cycle!