I am back with my beloved Vogue V1440 top.
Since I’ve already made the pattern once, there’s not really anything new to report in terms of construction. I have made this before here in linen and I did a comprehensive post here about the construction.
I made this in what I now know to be a medium weight purple quilting cotton. When I bought the fabric it was being sold as 100% cotton suitable for shirts. You live and learn.
I gushed when I saw the colour and it was love at first sight. I brought it home; it washed dried and cut within 24 hours. The fabric has a beautiful jewel tone .. however it doesn’t drape very well. Its quite stiff but perfectly serviceable.
I made this exactly as before except for the collar. I decided to try glue basting. Spent £5 on fabric glue and also bought a meter of sew in light weight woven interfacing… Yeah I am not convinced. Either I messed up the application or I got the wrong glue. The collar is stiff and am considering taking off the the upper collar and leaving the collar stand.
I accidentally sewed the armband to the inside of the bodice. But thats ok… You can only see the line of edgestitching.
I thought I would be getting more wear out of these tops by now but the weather hasn’t been playing ball. I am hopeful for the summer though <fingers crossed> :-).
I think the next time I make it I will use a smaller collar but other than the fabric issue I really like this shirt. The colour is aMaZing!! I have only worn it around the house with a cardi.
Thanks so much for clicking by and until next time …Happy sewing everyone!