Eeek! This is my last MMM15 post I promise. First many thanks to Zoe for hosting this fantastic challenge! I made a pledge to wear at least one me made garment a day for every day of May. I wore a me made for 30 of the 31 days! Not bad! There were a few repeats but overall my me made wardrobe wasn’t as meager as I thought.
1. I actually like colour! Its wierd to say but I never realised how incredibly colourful my me mades were. Seeing them all catalogued was like wow! The funny thing is my mum loves colour and I adamantly believed I was more muted lol!
2. Looking at my pictures its hard for me to clearly see what my style is. I got a bit hung up on the question of style when I started doing Colette Wardrobe Architect 2015 (which I abandoned as it created feelings of despair at my inability to articulate what I liked and didn’t like). I sew things I like in fabrics that I like. I am happy with that for now. Making my own garments has opened up my mind to different styles that I would never have considered if it was RTW e.g. the Holyburn skirt with its high waistband. Growing up I was told that its not flattering to have a skirt or dress sit on your high waist (heck I didn’t even realise that the waist was the narrowest part of the body – I thought it was kinda between my belly button and pelvis 😉 Point is I never ever tried circle skirts or high waisted skirts I just believed they would make me look dumpy (something I read in one of those glossy mags you catch up with in the dentist waiting room) Anyway now I have about 4 Holyburns. So sewing rocks like that!
3. I need to get past my fear and actually make some jeans. Harking back to RTW I bought my jeans under the false impression that low waist kick flare jeans were the bees knees….well not quite. They might be the bees knees for 6 ft tall Giselle Bundchen but not for moi! I am wearing them with my self stripey drafted tee and McCall M6844 and they just don’t work. My other straight leg jeans are ok but they gape at the waistband.
4. I need more tee shirts.
5. I loved wearing my me mades to work and I will be doing that more. I have tended to wear black trousers and a white or plain shirt but I think I will sprinkle more of the real me in there.
6. I love my Morris blazer!
7. The one day I didn’t wear a me made was when I was so poorly I was in bed all day in my pjs and housecoat. So I must make myself some pjs 😉
8. I cant decide which is my favourite outfit! Judging by the likes on IG it should probably be the purple V1440 with Morris Blazer;-)
My only beef with MM15 was the mega wardrobe envy I suffered! So many patterns to make using so many different fabrics! So much inspiration! Yes I am glad I did it and I will be wearing at least one me made everyday from hence forth ;-).
Now that rambling is over I am off to make my things for The Monthly Stitch Indie Pattern Month! I missed it last year and I plan on making up for that plus there’s is free patterns to be won! Yip yip!!!
I am also jumping into June!
Thanks for stopping by and happy sewing!