After a resounding success with my last M6886 made for Christmas 2016 (link here), I immediately set to work on the next one. You see, its so easy and quick to make.
I had some pink ponte bought for £2/m at Leeds outdoor market. I am not normally a pink person but I wanted to experiment and see if I could make something in pink that I would like.
Before cutting the fabric I did a swayback adjustment of 1.5″ to reduce the puddling on the small of my back. I used Winifred Aldrich’s Metric Pattern Cutting book for instructions. Once cut out and sewn up I decided to break the colour a bit by giving it some borders. Enter the neck band and sleeve ends in black jersey. For sewing the neck band I used the technique I learnt while making my Lady Skater dress.
I really quite like the effect of the contrast bands. Took the dress from something I might wear occasionally to something I will definitely wear – it makes me feel like I have got moxie :-).
I finished the hems with a 2.5mm twin needle. While we are on the subject of twin needles: I have conquered that beast and can whip up a hem in no time at all. Boom! Just leveled up !
I have many more plans for this pattern – My next one will be a v neck in the longer style. Am thinking in grey..maybe sleeveless…
I do believe this pattern has solidly made it into my TNT hall of fame 🙂 Welcome M6886!
Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the interwebs! I will be back very soon with another completed project.
Happy sewing until then.