Just a quick post to share what I am getting up to. Spring and Summer usually mean a burst of sewing events, challenges and competitions. And I do so love a challenge! I have picked up a few things to do in May and June.
First up is a Skirt Contest over at Pattern Review. It runs from 15 May to 15 June. The rules are pretty simple:
Sew a skirt for yourself or someone else.
It MUST have ..
1. A closure. Buttons, zipper etc. Pull on or wrap skirts of any kind will not qualify for this contest. (While we KNOW that pull on skirts and wrap skirts are indeed skirts, for the purposes of THIS contest, they are not eligible. We wish to make the parameters of the contest as equal as possible for this simple skirt contest, and are drawing the line there).
2. Waist treatment – regular waistband, petersham, waist facings and yokes are all acceptable waist treatments. Please ask if you are unsure.
3. All visible seams must be finished and there must be a finished hem. Lining is optional.
4. Fabric may be knit or woven.
5. Patterns used may include regular, self drafted, altered etc.
6. Any length allowed – mini to maxi and everything in between.
I have already chosen which skirt I want to make for this – a recent Vogue release:
Week 1 – New to Me
Week 2 -One Pattern Two ways
Week 3 – Hack It
Week 4 – RTW Copycat
Last year I entered and had so much fun that I am doing it this year again. I made 6 garments last year and discovered my favourite new source of bargain patterns Lekala.co. So this year goodness knows what I will discover.
Another thing I signed up for is The Monthly Stitch Pattern Swap. I have received my swap partner (I cant share unfortunately) but I am looking for what I think would be a nice Indie pattern for them to try. In turn someone has got me. Its a round robin so I am not buying a pattern for the same person buying for me. It will be interesting to see what I get.
I will also be making a jumpsuit for #JumpingintoJune. (I think I will always make a jumpsuit for June from henceforth!)
Finally there is a McCall Pattern Company Shirtdress sewalong which I am using as an opportunity to make another M6696 Shirtdress.
So thats some of what I will be up to these next couple of months. Have you any plans to join any sewing challenges? Are you tempted by some of the ones I have listed?…go on, share in comments below I’d love to know…and are there any other sewing challenges/events going on in the next few months?
As always thanks for stopping by. I’ll be back soon. Happy sewing!