I am back with this super quick post about a simple hack I did for IPM2016. This turned out to be a rather wearable muslin actually. OK SO for my final IPM garment I needed a cropped cardigan to go with it. In all my sewing pattern stash I couldnt find exactly what I envisioned so I tried hacking a Renfrew top.
It was a lot easier than I thought – I loped 3 inches off the front and back bodices. Added seam allowances at the CF. Drafted a simple placket. For the sleeves I used Moneta 3/4 length sleeves. I also adjusted the ease – the Renfrew fits like a T shirt so adding 1/4″ at the sides gave me an extra 1″ of ease. I forgot to add the ease on the sleeves unfortunately.
Armed with the traced off pieces I cut into a blush pink textured jersey (a long time stash resident). Scrap ponte from an old make was just enough for a neck band. I sewed everything up on the overlocker and finished the placket ends by end. Sleeve hem was a simple zig-zag stitch.
I still need to take more length off – so the band sits on the waist.
Its a cute little number – even if it is a bit granny chic. I decided to leave it unbuttoned because I didn’t have any suitable in the stash. Its great what you can do with hacking sewing patterns. Piccie – it was pure coincidence that the colours on the cardie matched quite well with my Aurora dress. A happy coincidence :-).
Thank you so much for stopping by.
Peace and Love