Let skip right ahead to fabric m’kay.
2 words – John. Kaldor.
I could wax lyrical about how much I love JK fabrics but you probably already know that. I had enough of this leftover to make the Lydia Top <link here>.
For the collar I used some scrap ponte from an old make – Named Dakota dress. I didn’t interface the collar so it’s a wee bit on the floppy side but it’s not too bad. I decided to try the short sleeve but I found that I had to shorten them. I think the sleeve is a bit too big for my upper arm so next time I make this sleeve length I should use a smaller size.
Sewing this up was a pleasure and very fast. All seams were done on the overlocker. I finished the hem and sleeves with a twin needle.
Overall I am a very happy bunny with this dress.
Thanks for stopping by and I’ll be back soon with another TNT post. Until then, Happy Sewing!
Peace and love,